Mill Optimisation - Full-Time
At least 15 years of relevant experience garnered from large pulp/paper/VSF and/or International Engineering consultancy groups.
• Demonstrated a successful track record in asset and production optimization and new technology adoption.
• Possess both technical experience and strong management skills.
• Proven Team management and leadership skill.
• Effective communication skills and ability to establish strong relationships and “buy-ins” of ideas and mandates from professional staff and senior executives.
• Hands-on with details without losing focus on big picture (mill optimization).
• Sharp, fast to grasp issues of concern / continuous improvement mindset.
• Ability to lead and direct with firm resolutions.
• Excellent collaborative skills in working with other departments.
• Ability to strike a good balance between cost control vs value addition.
• Driven, result-oriented with a can-do attitude, and adaptable to current and changing environment.
• University graduate in Engineering from a reputable university.
. Review, develop and implement strategic plans in order to optimize mill operations across the group to maximize efficiencies, focusing on the following areas:
- Wood-yard operations
- Chemical wood pulping operations
- Paper machine and pulp dryer operations
- VSF/Specialty Fiber operations
- Chemical plant operations management
- Power island management
- Standardize environmental operations monitoring and performance across different mill sites
- Automation processes, systems and reliability
- Asset maintenance and reliability across all asset operations
- Assessment of New/Emerging technologies adoption
2. Review and establish operating efficiency benchmarks through asset performance benchmarking and gap analysis, best practice development and gap analysis, and process audits.
3. Work with operations heads to develop continuous improvement and quality enhancement strategies and initiatives and ensure such initiatives are maintain or exceed defined standards.
4. Instill a common discipline and governance around how our mills are operated and are maintained.
5. Identify and consolidate best operational and maintenance practices and cross share them in the group; including the application of intellectual properties.
6. Review and develop where necessary, procedures, systems and methods to reduce risks to health, promote safety awareness in order to create a safe working environment for employees
7. Build up and lead the MOS CoE including maximizing the efficient use of materials, equipment and labor
8. Assist to review the capital expenditure where appropriate
9. Conduct process safety review on facilities to improve process safety management & culture at site level.
10. Work with HR to develop O&M Competence Framework to enable capability development to be aligned to business requirements.
Christine Sheng Woon Hui | R1653217
Talentvis Pte. Ltd | EA License: 04C3537