Senior Manager Procurement - Full-Time
- Adept in risk management, book keeping, market analysis and commodity cargo and/or vessel operations.
- Masters/Bachelor degree with proven performance track record in a highly diverse cross functional background.
- Techno commercial
- Possess excellent physical commodities trading knowledge & business acumen
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong market analytical, interpretation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and negotiation skills
- Must have managed a team of at least 4-5 members (directly or indirectly).
- Lead a proactive, collaborative and communicative process to select, manage, establish strong partnerships and relationships with external counterparties and internal stakeholders. Ensure cost, quality, delivery, reliability, and technical performance while achieving both tactical and strategic goals.
- Be well versed in the life cycle of a physical commodity trade deal and must have prior hands-on experiences in most of these activities in the supply chain e.g. trading operations, risk management and market analysis.
- Identify potential investment and collaborative opportunities and drive M&A projects on these opportunities to further secure woodchips long term supply.
- Be proficient in identifying, qualifying and establishing new vendors, striving to meet and exceed our customers’ quality requirements for Woodchips. Contribute to building & constantly refreshing the repository of counterparties ranking.
- Drive the unit's efforts to achieve continuous improvement on product quality that would add operational efficiencies and additional value to the main downstream mill customer.
- Effective communicator to senior management and external counterparties from diverse geographical locations and cultural backgrounds.
- Lead the internal Market Intelligence & Strategic Planning Teams to create best in class fundamental and tone analysis of pulp wood value chain.
- Ensure this intelligence team constructs regular trading updates/reports of the woodchips market using available data sources and market intelligence via external counterparties, 3rd party publications, trade data etc. to provide clear and concise recommendations to team members on both short and long term forward point-of-view of the market.
- Take initiative and be responsible to take on ad-hoc projects to improve business processes and create/enhance tools for knowledge retention.
Christine Sheng Woon Hui | R1653217
Talentvis Pte. Ltd | EA License: 04C3537